GEORGIA PUBLIC POLICY FOUNDATION EVENT
August 29, 2013
Contact Benita Dodd at 404-256-4050 or
Foundation, Google host Event Sept. 16 on Georgia’s Digital Economy
Atlanta – You are invited to join us for “Georgia’s Digital Economy,” a half-day event on Monday, September 16, 2013, at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. The discussions, hosted by Georgia Public Policy Foundation and Google, include an all-star entrepreneurship panel, a discussion of the patent troll problem and how Georgia is leading the way in digital learning. The event begins with some fun Google product demos, breakfast and networking at 8 a.m.
This event is open to the public and free to attend, but requires registration as space is limited.
Register online by Thursday, September 12 at http://weblink.donorperfect.com/GeorgiaDigitalEconomy.
The event begins with some fun Google product demos, including Google Glass, breakfast and networking.
8:00 – 8:30 Continental Breakfast & Registration/Product Demos/Networking
- Product Demos include Google Glass, Chromebooks and Pixel
8:30 – 8: 45 Opening Welcome Remarks
- Lilyn Hester, Public Policy & Government Relations Manager, Southeast U.S. Region, Google
- Representative Ed Setzler, Chairman, House Science and Technology Committee
8:45 – 9:15 The Innovation Ecosystem Fueling Economic Growth
- Steve Cross, Executive Vice President for Research, Georgia Institute of Technology
9:15 – 10:15 Entrepreneurship Panel – Where does Georgia Lead and Lag?
- Dr. Sam Franklin, Sr. Analytical Lead, Retail Industry Chairman, Atlanta Community Affairs, Google
- Palaniswamy “Raj” Rajan, President TIE Atlanta, Chairman & CEO Virima Technologies
- Dr. Paul Judge, Chief Research Officer & VP, Barracuda Networks
- David Cummings, Founder & Owner, Atlanta Technology Village
10:15 – 10:25 Break
10:25 – 11:00 Patent Troll Panel – Threat to Innovation
- Matthew Levy, Patent Counsel, Computer & Communication Industry Association (CCIA)
- John Harris, Senior Partner, Morris Manning & Martin, LLP
- Dr. Steve Vicinanza, CEO BlueWave Computing, LLC
11:00 – 11:20 Education and Technology – Personalized Learning for Every Child
- Bob Swiggum, Chief Information Officer, Georgia Department of Education
11:20 – 11:30 Closing Remarks
Register online at http://weblink.donorperfect.com/GeorgiaDigitalEconomy. (Difficulty registering? E-mail .)
Media interested in attending must contact Benita Dodd at or 404-256-4050.
What: “Georgia’s Digital Economy”
When: 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Monday, September 16, 2013
Where: Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
Attire: Business, Business Casual.
About the Georgia Public Policy Foundation: Established in 1991, the Foundation is an independent, state-focused think tank that proposes, market-oriented approaches to public policy to improve the lives of Georgians. The Foundation’s regular events include Leadership Breakfasts and Policy Briefing Luncheons. Weekly publications are the Friday Facts and Friday Idea commentaries. Visit our Web site at georgiapolicy.org. Join The Forum at forum.georgiapolicy.org. Like the Foundation’s Facebook page at facebook.com/GeorgiaPolicy and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/gppf.