- This event has passed.
Georgia Housing Summit: Innovating the Way to Affordability
Everyone knows housing prices are out of reach for many Georgia families, but there are few agreed-upon solutions. Join the Georgia Public Policy Foundation as we explore new approaches to harness innovation and entrepreneurship, and ensure housing is attainable for all Georgians.
The conversations will include:
Where are we and how did we get there? Our experts explain the numbers and trends behind Georgia’s soaring housing costs.
Policy Innovation: State and local officials examine the issues and discuss the current challenges and opportunities.
Neighborly Innovation: Panelists from the AEI Housing Center and PadSplit offer ideas on how we can create more housing without disrupting the neighborhoods we know and love.
Lending Innovation: Panelists from financial institutions discuss how markets can provide more capital for both single-family and multifamily housing development.
Building Innovation: Panelists from the home building industry explore how new materials and methods can expand our housing stock.
Confirmed panelists include:
– Rep. Dale Washburn
– Rep. Spencer Frye
– Woodstock Mayor Michael Caldwell
– Gwinnett County Chairwoman Nicole Hendrickson
– Decatur Mayor Patti Garrett
– Newnan Councilwoman Cynthia Jenkins
– Atticus LeBlanc, PadSplit
– Tobias Peter, American Enterprise Institute Housing Center
– Courtenay Dunn, ICE Mortgage Technology
– Ramsey Cohen, Clayton Homes
– Nick DiLuzio, Georgia Forestry Foundation
The event will be held at City Winery, 650 North Ave NE, Ponce City Market in Atlanta, beginning at 11:30 a.m. The summit will conclude with a cocktail reception.