Defensive medicine costs lives. That’s in addition to 26 percent of all health care spending that is caused by defensive medicine, according to a recent Gallup survey. “Cause of death: Defensive medicine” gives several examples of how the threat of lawsuits caused doctors to follow a course of action that was ultimately detrimental to the patient. This highlights the need to reform our medical malpractice system.
- Expanding parental accountability in education
- Friday Facts: March 24, 2023
- At the Capitol: Week of March 20
- What happened to CON reform this year?
- Lemonade stand freedom coming to Georgia
- Will Georgia join the growing number of states expanding education options?
- At the Capitol: Week of March 13
- Friday Facts: March 17, 2023
- Legislation aims to combat rising home prices
- New tax reform on the horizon?