- This event has passed.
2020 Georgia Legislative Policy Forum Session 3: LAND USE AND TRANSPORTATION
August 4, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
LAND USE AND TRANSPORTATION
Please note: For security purposes, only participants with verified Zoom accounts will be granted access to the 2020 Georgia Legislative Policy Forum Zoom sessions.
Create your free Zoom account here.
11:00 Welcome and Overview
Kyle Wingfield, President and CEO, Georgia Public Policy Foundation
11:05 -12:15 The Changing Views of Land Use and Transportation
The Changing Views of Land Use and Transportation
Even before the pandemic, transportation and land use agencies were faced with adapting long-held views and policies that collided with the opportunities provided by rapidly evolving technology. The sea change of COVID-19 responses reinforced the need to reassess options even more urgently. What does that mean for Georgia, long known as “the poster child for sprawl”?
Moderator: Ashley Jenkins, Legislative Affairs Director, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Georgia
- Baruch Feigenbaum, Senior Managing Director of Transportation Policy, Reason Foundation, Lead Author of Reason’s Annual Highway Report
- Adam Hengels, Founder, Center for Market Urbanism
- Joel Kotkin, Chapman University and the Urban Reform Institute; Executive Editor, newgeography.com
- Tom Hutchinson, Transportation Director, HNTB
- T. Dallas Smith, Georgians First Commission, T. Dallas Smith & Company
|Sponsorship: Contact Kennedy Atkins at 404-256-4050/Kennedy@georgiapolicy.org for sponsorship opportunities.|
|THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: