REGISTRATION OPEN THROUGH Friday, September 13, 2013
YOU ARE INVITED
‘GEORGIA’S DIGITAL ECONOMY’
At Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
Hosted by Google and the Georgia Public Policy Foundation
Registration is FREE
September 16, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
8:00 – 8:30 Continental Breakfast & Registration/Product Demos/Networking
● Product Demos include Google Glass, Chromebooks and Pixel
8:30 – 8: 45 Opening Welcome Remarks
● Lilyn Hester, Public Policy & Government Relations Manager, Southeast U.S. Region, Google
● Representative Ed Setzler, Chairman, House Science and Technology Committee
8:45 – 9:15 Opening Keynote Speaker: The Innovation Ecosystem Fueling Economic Growth
● Steve Cross, Executive Vice President for Research, Georgia Institute of Technology
9:15 – 10:15 Entrepreneurship Panel – Where does Georgia Lead and Lag?
○ Dr. Sam Franklin, Sr. Analytical Lead, Retail Industry Chairman, Atlanta Community Affairs, Google
○ Palaniswamy “Raj” Rajan, President, TIE Atlanta, Chairman & CEO, Virima Technologies
○ Dr. Paul Judge, Chief Research Officer & VP, Barracuda Networks
○ David Cummings, Founder & Owner, Atlanta Technology Village
10:15 – 10:25 Break
10:25 – 11:00 Patent Troll Panel – Threat to Innovation
○ Matthew Levy, Patent Counsel, Computer & Communication Industry Association (CCIA)
○ John Harris, Senior Partner, Morris Manning & Martin, LLP
○ Dr. Steve Vicinanza, CEO, BlueWave Computing, LLC
11:00 – 11:20 Education and Technology – Personalized Learning for Every Child
○ Bob Swiggum, Chief Information Officer, Georgia Department of Education
11:20 – 11:30 Closing Remarks
The conference location is Room 236, Georgia Tech Global Learning Center, 84 5th Street NW, Atlanta. A continental breakfast is available starting at 8:00am.
Registration is FREE but advance registration is required; seating is limited.
Attendees can register here: http://www.georgiapolicy.org/sept-16-event-focuses-on-georgias-digital-economy/
Parking will be available in the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center deck with entry off Spring Street one-half block south of Fifth Street. Attendees are responsible for their own parking charges.
Media representatives who wish to attend must contact Benita Dodd at 404-256-4050 or email@example.com.